Fresh shrimp grilled to perfection with a Cajun bite, a side of roasted asparagus with wheat pasta, olive oil and parmesan cheese make a quick, healthy summer time meal.
Grilled Cajun Shrimp and Asparagus
- 20 fresh medium shrimp
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp Seafood Seasoning
- 4 wooden skewers soaked for 10 minutes in water
- 1 lb thin asparagus
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- wheat rotini pasta enough for 2 persons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Boil pasta per package instructions. When al denté, drain and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Soak wooden skewers for 10 minutes in water, then thread 5 shrimp that have been tossed in olive oil to coat per skewer. Sprinkle with the recipe I have for
- Prudhomme’s Seafood Seasoning on both sides. Continue with remaining shrimp and skewers.
- Rinse and trim ends off asparagus. Toss to coat in olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Grill the shrimp 2-3 minutes per side and the same for the asparagus.
- Serve over pasta and enjoy!