Effective as of May 25, 2018
Like many other Web sites, Kevin Is Cooking makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’s analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
(f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site may cease to be available to you.
Advertising (UPDATED January 04, 2023)
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: https://www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
We may collect your email address, but only if you voluntarily provide it to us. This may occur, for example, if you sign up to receive an email newsletter, or enter a promotion. We will use your email address for the purposes for which you provided it to us, and also from time to time to send you emails regarding the Site or other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of such email communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in the email.]
We will not share your email address with any third parties.
[Option 1] [If you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), we do not wish to receive your email address, and will delete it you have provided it inadvertently.][Option 2] [If you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), please refer to the section below entitled “Additional Rights of EEA Residents.”]
Registration or Account Data
We may collect other information from you when you register with our Site in order to use various features. Such information could include your name, birthday, postal code, screen name, and password (if applicable). As you use the Site, we could collect other data that you provide voluntarily (such as comments that you post).
We may also collect information about you through other methods, including research surveys, social media platforms, verification services, data services, as well as public sources. We may combine this data with your registration data in order to maintain a more thorough profile.
We may use third parties to provide the functionality to allow you to register for the Site, in which case the third party will also have access to your information. Otherwise, we will not provide any personally-identifying information about you to third parties, except if required by law.
We may use your personally-identifying information for a variety of our internal business purposes, such as creating a better user experience for the Site, diagnosing and troubleshooting malfunctions on the Site, better understanding how the Site is used, and making personalized recommendations to you.
If you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), please refer to the section below entitled “Additional Rights of EEA Residents.”
[We may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that you enter into with us and/or through our Site] (“Transactional Data“). The Transactional Data may include your contact details, your card details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions. [Payment processing on our Site is handled by our payment services providers, [identify PSPs]. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers’ privacy policies and practices at [URLs]]
Additional Rights of EEA (European Economic Area) Residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
(i) access your personal data
(ii) ensure the accuracy of your personal data
(iii) the right to have us delete your personal data
(iv) the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
(v) the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us addressed to the following: email [email protected] for more information on this.
Sale of Business or Assets
In the event that the Site or substantially all of its assets is sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, the information we have collected about you may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with that transaction.
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
This Site does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that this Site has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Periodically, this blog hosts fun giveaways for the readers. These events may be self-sponsored by the blog owner or may be sponsored by another individual, business or corporation. This may or may not be plainly stated in the actual giveaway. If you need further clarification, please ask.
All giveaways, unless otherwise stated, will follow these guidelines:
- hosted and winners chosen via Rafflecopter, Random.org or PromoSimple.
- are hosted with the intent of adding a bit of fun to this site and in no way are meant to be a form of gambling or sweepstakes.
- open only to individuals in the continental USA, 18+.
- will start and end on dates listed on each specific contest.
- each winner will have 48 hours to claim prize, after being notified via the email they used to enter the contest. After 48 hours, if there is no response, another winner will be chosen.
- If giveaway is self-hosted, site/blog owner agrees to mail prize to winner(s) within 14 days.
- If giveaway is sponsored by an outside entity, then winner will abide by their prize fulfillment periods, which may be as long as 180 days, depending on the company.
- Please know that I choose the companies I work with very carefully and only choose companies that I think are reputable and honest. That being said, it is an online world, and anything can happen. I cannot be held liable or responsible, should a vendor choose not to fulfill a promised prize. I will do whatever I can to try to get a company to make good on a promise, but there are no guarantees. Thankfully this has not ever happened and hopefully never will happen.
- All giveaway entrants agree to be honest and not cheat the systems; any suspect of fraud is decided upon by blog/site owner and the sponsor, and entrants may be disqualified at our discretion.
- Any prizes that may result in tax liability for the winner(s) are the winner(s) responsibility.
- Any and all giveaways may be promoted on Facebook, Twitter, email or other social network sites. This is a means of promotion only, and any promotion on those sites is not to be interpreted as Facebook or Twitter partaking in, or being in any way responsible for that particular contest.
- Winner(s) assumes all responsibility if further clarification is needed, prior to either entering a giveaway on this site or claiming a prize at the conclusion of a contest.
- I use various hosting methods for giveaways, for example Rafflecopter or PromoSimple. Most of these entities gather email addresses for verification, and by entering, you are giving permission to have your email added to our mailing list. You still will get a verification/confirmation email and may decline or unsubscribe at any time.