This Cajun Shrimp and Sausage comes together is no time, is punched with flavor, and besides plump shrimp and juicy turkey sausage, there are lots of fresh veggies all tossed with a cajun seasoning blend made in one pan!
Sometimes when time is short and the family is hungry, nothing beats a tasty meal made on a sheet pan. Super quick, easy clean up.
For this meal, shelled and deveined shrimp and sliced, lean turkey sausage are used. Feel free to use frozen, thawed shrimp and any sausage you prefer, this is a versatile sheet pan dinner.
I like how quickly this comes together and while the shrimp are cooked and the sausage gets slightly caramelized on the edges, the veggies are not over cooked and mushy.
What’s in my Cajun Seasoning Blend?
I make my own Cajun Seasoning Blend, but feel free to use whatever is your favorite. I like to make my own and keep the salt that is typically the main ingredient in store bought versions down.
My cajun seasoning has a blend of paprika, garlic and onion powder, celery salt, black, cayenne and white pepper, oregano, thyme and dry mustard. I also like to add a teaspoon of fennel seeds with this one, but that’s optional.
You can alter the level of heat on this by how much you put on this prior to baking. I you want a mild version, one tablespoon should do it, but if you like it hot add more than the two I list for this one.
Just slice up some zucchini, red bell pepper and a red onion then toss in a bowl with the shrimp and sausage.
Add two to three tablespoons of olive and two tablespoons of the cajun spice blend, toss to coat and spread on a sheet pan lined with foil or parchment paper.
In the oven for 18 minutes and you’re ready to serve!
You could easily serve this over pasta, too. Enjoy!
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage
- 1 lb medium shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 lb turkey sausage sliced
- 3 zucchini sliced half inch pieces
- 2 red peppers chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp fennel seeds optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Slice the turkey sausage into half inch pieces. Thaw shrimp if frozen. Shell and devein the shrimp, keeping tails on. Cut the vegetables and place all in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and cajun seasoning blend. Toss to coat.
- Spread on the lined baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes total.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve as is or over pasta if you prefer.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.