Super moist pumpkin bran muffins are made with pumpkin, buttermilk and all bran cereal. This is a quick, easy and healthy muffin recipe!
These pumpkin muffins are great for breakfast with coffee and some fruit. Spread with a little butter and enjoy the morning with family! Buttermilk and pumpkin butter are what I use to make these so moist.
So how was everyone’s Thanksgiving? Eat to your hearts content? Were you with family and having a good time? I know I did. Heck I still am, and these Pumpkin Butter All Bran Muffins are the perfect thing to have with some coffee while we all chat politics, the state of things to come and the simple fact that these are so darn good!
Pumpkin butter is a fantastic flavor weapon and when added to the super moist and delicious bran muffins you won’t even think you’re being good. Buttermilk is the other key ingredient in these. I love them fresh from the oven though they freeze well too. But how could you not eat them all after they’re warm from the oven?
These Pumpkin Butter All Bran Muffins are a great gift to make and bring when staying with family or surprise them and bake up a batch in the morning. They’ll come running to the kitchen when they smell these baking. If muffins aren’t your thing, try my Pumpkin Butter Pecan Cinnamon Rolls, these are pretty special, too.
Laced with chopped nuts and that lovely Fall spiced pumpkin butter. Similar to apple butter in that it’s almost like a concentrated, thick apple sauce or purée, but with sweet cooked pumpkin, some maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. You can find pumpkin butter in most markets in the cooking aisle or near the jams and apple butter.
If you need any ideas for Christmas appetizers, side dishes, main courses or dessert ideas, I’ve got you covered there, too. You can find them here on my Holiday Foods page. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Bran Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups All-Bran cereal
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin butter or pumpkin puree (See Note 1)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour boiling water over 1/2 cup bran cereal. Whisk in oil and set aside. In another bowl, whisk to combine egg, sugar and buttermilk.
- To the wet bran mixture, add sifted flour, baking soda, salt and remaining dry cup of bran cereal. Add the wet buttermilk mixture to bran mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in pumpkin or pumpkin butter, nuts and raisins. Mix thoroughly to incorporate completely.
- Scoop into 12 muffin (paper lined), or greased muffin pan or baking stoneware and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with honey (optional) and let cool. Serve as is or with butter.
- If substituting pumpkin puree for pumpkin butter, add an extra 1/4 cup sugar to this recipe. You could also substitute apple butter for pumpkin butter.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.