For this Creamy Chocolate Pumpkin Pie I decided not to swirl the chocolate in the pumpkin, but to have a layer of chocolate ganache on top with a chocolate cookie crust for one tasty spin on the classic pumpkin pie. Shake up that holiday dessert table with this one!
I have had this one on the back burner to make for a while now but had to wait for the holiday season to do a little taste testing.
I was not disappointed!
So what are your favorite desserts for the upcoming holidays? Sure there are the traditional ones like my Slab Pumpkin Pie Bar, Slab Pecan Pie Bars or my Thanksgiving Rocky Road Fudge might hit the menu, but this Chocolate Glazed Pumpkin Pie is definitely one to consider.
If you’re like me and love chocolate then this is a good one. This combines both dark chocolate in the top ganache with a wonderful milk chocolate drizzled on top of that.
The creamy pumpkin filling is perfectly balanced in flavor and pairs well with the chocolate wafer cookie crust that substitutes for the traditional graham cracker crust.
This is so good!
With big family gatherings and parties at holiday time, sometimes I like to have an assortment of desserts for everyone to taste test besides just giving them the traditional ones.
I look forward to holiday meals for that one dish. You know the one, it just has to be there or it wouldn’t be Thanksgiving, Christmas or what without it, right? So make those to keep everyone happy and place this Chocolate Glazed Pumpkin Pie in the holiday menu mix too.
You never know, you might start a new tradition. For all other holiday themed recipes you can go here. Enjoy!
Creamy Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed (about 24 cookies)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips melted
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate or baking stone with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl toss together butter and crushed chocolate wafer cookies (See Note 1). Sprinkle into pie plate and press evenly onto bottom and up sides. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl beat sugar and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs, beating on low speed until combined. Stir in pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and kosher salt. Pour pumpkin mixture into baked crust.
- Bake about 40 minutes more or until mixture is slightly puffed around edges and just set in center. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl combine dark chocolate chips and cream. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Let stand for 5 minutes. Pour chocolate mixture over the cooled pie, spreading evenly. Chill, uncovered, for 1 hour. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours more.
- Optional: In a small microwave-safe bowl combine milk chocolate chips and cream. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir until smooth. If desired, drizzle on top of dark chocolate topping. Chill for 30 minutes or more, covered until serving.
- Place wafer cookies in a re-sealable plastic bag and press air out and close. Use a rolling pin or wood dowel and crush cookies.