My secret to great Buffalo Wing Sauce is the perfect balance of lip smacking, go back for more flavor. Hot sauce, melted butter, spices and a kiss of honey!
Truth be told it may be fantastic on wings, but this Buffalo Wing Sauce is great drizzled over tacos, sautéed chicken and grilled fish too.
What is in Buffalo Wing Sauce?
For the perfect, smooth consistency it starts with melted butter that gets seasoned to perfection.
- melted butter
- hot sauce of choice (Frank’s is my go to)
- Worcestershire Sauce
- cayenne powder
Chicken wings are placed in a bowl and shaken to coat the wings completely covering them in sauce before serving.
Typically fried, my Baked Chicken Wings are outrageously crispy! When tossed with this amazing Buffalo wing sauce, it is a match to satisfy any game day or snack fix! Another great way to prepare chicken wings is on a smoker, like these honey garlic smoked chicken wings.
This sauce clings to the wings so every bite you take is a velvety smooth spicy sauce covering crunchy chicken wings!
Serve this with a Blue Cheese Dip, sliced celery and carrot sticks and you have yourself the perfect snack food for any party of game day celebration.
Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2/3 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (See Note 1)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Whisk in the remaining ingredients and simmer for a minute.
- Use more or less cayenne for the heat you prefer.