These Baked Crunchy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with Bleu Cheese Drizzle and Hot Sauce are another house favorite, and in case you missed this post before, I thought they deserved a second look before Super Bowl Game Day! Oh, and I also have a new video for you and your friends!
Perfect for any party actually. Made in under 30 minutes, too! 🙂
I wanted to get these out before the big Game Day – My Crunchy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with Bleu Cheese Drizzle and Hot Sauce! What’s really cool about this recipe is they come together, start to finish in 25 minutes.
I’ve made several ground turkey and chicken meatball recipes here, like my Roasted Garlic Turkey Meatballs and Lemon Cilantro Chicken Meatballs, or these Chicken Parm Meatballs with Pine Nuts, but for an appetizer I wanted something reminiscent of hot chicken wings, a crunchy exterior, but with out the frying, skin and bones.
Crunchy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Ground chicken to the rescue and I took these guys right into the oven to bake after rolling them around in some Panko breadcrumbs to give them that exterior crunch.
Who doesn’t love hot wings? Chicken wings are the best, but these days I’m trying my best to eat as clean as I can and pick and choose when I go all out. For these I felt I could bake them instead of deep frying, and to drizzle some bleu cheese salad dressing and hot wing sauce over the top of these bad boys. Super tender on the insides and crunchy on the outside. The kicker for me is using the usual side of celery as a skewer for easy hand munching and topping it all with chopped celery leaves. Highly underused, but full of flavor. I love adding them in salads, too.
So let’s start off by getting the oven preheated to 400°F. I had my butcher grind up half chicken breast and half thigh meat. I like the richness of the thigh meat addition, but feel free to use any ground chicken from your local market.
Mix together the ground chicken, half the breadcrumbs, chopped chives, hot sauce, egg, garlic powder and a pinch of kosher salt in a bowl and with your hand or scoop roll into 16 meatballs.
No flour and egg wash here, just roll the chicken meatballs in the balance of the Panko breadcrumbs and place on a lined baking sheet.
Bake for 18 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Chop the celery into 16 thin, 2-inch sticks. Chop enough celery leaves for about 2 tablespoons. Set aside.
In a small bowl mix together 2 tablespoons of milk and the half cup of bleu cheese dressing. Set aside. I use Bob’s Big Boy Bleu Cheese Salad Dressing just because it’s my favorite, but feel free to use what is yours.
Drizzle both the bleu cheese dressing and hot sauce over the baked meatballs. Insert a celery stick into each and top with chopped celery leaves and serve.
This recipe was previously posted in 2016 and has been updated with a video.
Crunchy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1½ cups Panko breadcrumbs separated
- 2 tbsp chopped chives (or green onions)
- 1 tbsp Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- Bob’s Big Boy Bleu Cheese Salad Dressing
- Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 tbsp celery leaves chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the ground chicken, half the breadcrumbs, chopped chives, hot sauce, egg, garlic powder and a pinch of kosher salt in a bowl and with your hand or scoop roll into 16 meatballs.
- Roll the chicken meatballs in the balance of the Panko breadcrumbs and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 18 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Chop the celery into 16 thin 2-inch sticks. Chop enough celery leaves for about 2 tablespoons. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together 2 tbsp milk and the bleu cheese dressing. Set aside.
- Drizzle both dressing and hot sauce over cooked meatballs. Insert celery stick into each and top with chopped celery leaves and serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.