The other day I was daydreaming about pizza dough smothered with a dijon horseradish cream, layered with slices of tender roast beef and cheddar cheese. Then I’d roll it up, bake it and finish them off with a garlic, parsley butter. After a taste test I found myself quite pleased and that’s how these Roast Beef Cheddar Muffins happened.
With baseball and football happening, snacks are a must, right? I am a sucker for any kind of handheld appetizer or finger food and this one is no exception.
Quick and easy using refrigerated pizza dough, these Roast Beef Cheddar Muffins are a cinch to make and are sure to please.
To give this a little kick I decided that horseradish would be best since I had picked up some sliced roast beef from the deli.
Mixed with dijon mustard, mayo and black pepper, it was a perfect spread base for the meat and cheese.
What’s great about these too is that you can make them with sliced chicken and mozzarella, turkey and provolone, ham and Swiss cheese, the possibilities are endless.
To step these up to the next level I brushed on some melted butter with garlic and parsley. So good!
- 1 can Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Crust Classic 13.8 oz
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 8-10 slices of roast beef thin from deli
- 8-10 slices of cheddar cheese thin from deli
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Take the dough out of the fridge and allow can to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish and pepper.
- Carefully unroll the dough on a lightly floured surface. Brush the horseradish mixture on top almost to edges. Layer the slices of roast beef on top and then cheese on top of the meat.
- Roll up tightly starting from the longest side into a log. Using a sharp knife, cut the log into 8 pieces. Place the slices cut side up in the muffin pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 15-18 minutes until the tops of the rolls just begin to brown.
- As the muffins bake, mix together in a small bowl the butter, garlic and chopped parsley. Melt for 1 minute on high, covered. Brush over baked muffins and serve immediately.