A fantastic, easy and delicious pull apart bread that’s great for the family, when entertaining guests and is perfect to bring along on a picnic or beach outing. This Pull Apart Cheesy Pesto Bread with Salami went over BIG time the other evening. How could they resist, right?
Sure, you’ve seen countless recipes for stretchy, cheesy bread, the kind you pull apart and devour. But mine is loaded with all sort of goodies besides cheese and garlic!
While I don’t cut up a loaf of bread and insert the goodies, like garlic and cheese, I do use all the usual suspects. I found using refrigerated pizza dough, cutting it into squares and tossing with fresh pesto, mozzarella cheese, pine nuts and chopped salami was the perfect combination. See what I mean… loaded.
As the cheese and oils from the pesto seep into every nook and cranny, it assists in an even browning, which results in maximum crispy edges! Just look at all that cheesy, crunch appeal!
I know I’m supposed to be good and share with you health conscious meals, but every now and then I’m asked to bring something to a party and so the “bad” in me comes out. Not that I can’t bring good things to a party, I guess it’s a chance for me to do something that I wouldn’t eat at home, but know will be a crowd pleaser. Every now and then, you know. 🙂
I used a bundt pan so the bottom, sides and inner edges all got that crispy cheesy goodness we all have come to love. You know the one I’m talking about, like on the bits that ooze out and cook up crunchy when making that grilled cheese sammy, or on the edges of a pizza. Delish.
It’s almost like a pizza, but it’s not. It’s like the cook got mad and threw everything in a bowl (would that be me?) and hoped for the best when it hit the baking pan. And boy is it ever. I mean melted cheese, pesto and bread. Gimme more!
I loved how the inverted bread looked but decided to to flip it back over to see all the textures that bubbled and cooked on the top. Just me. Either way this tastes and smells amazing. Party food!
Paired with your favorite marinara or pizza sauce for dipping, this is sure to please. Enjoy!
at Good Dinner Mom.
- 2 cans refrigerator pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 3 cups mozzarella shredded
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 oz dry salami chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Marinara or pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside a greased bundt pan.
- Cut the pizza dough into 2" cubes and place into large bowl. Add remaining ingredients to bowl and blend to coat all using your hands.
- Distribute evenly into bundt pan and lightly drop on counter to shift all contents in pan without pressing with hands.
- Bake for 28 minutes until the top is golden and crunchy.
- Allow bread to cool 5 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, slide down into side and go around the cooked dough to loosen. To remove, place plate on top of bundt pan and carefully invert both pan and plate. Next, place serving plate on top and invert again if you want the top crunchy side.
Sprinkle top with chopped basil and Parmesan, if desired. Serve with your favorite marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.