This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you’re anything like me and love chocolate, then these Peanut Butter Chocolate Rolls are for you. Putting my spin on homemade cinnamon rolls, I added dark cocoa to the dough and topped these peanut butter filled rolls with a cream cheese Nutella glaze.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Rolls
I love homemade bread, bagels and the like and these Peanut Butter Chocolate Rolls are no exception.
Fresh and soft, these pull apart and reveal a gooey peanut butter filling. Topped with a fantastic cream cheese and Nutella glaze with sprinkled sea salt flakes.
This is sure to wow the crowd in the mornings or as a dessert even.
I wanted something different last weekend other than a cinnamon roll and so these Peanut Butter Chocolate Rolls came to be.
The recipe is a spin on my Pumpkin Butter Pecan Cinnamon Rolls with cocoa powder added to the dough.
A simple powdered sugar glaze was not what I had in mind and with cream cheese on hand, I made a creamy glaze with Nutella. A little sprinkle of sea salt to offset the sugar a little and these were heavenly.
These were fantastic the next morning too. I just popped one in the microwave for 20 seconds and it was all warm and gooey, ready to be devoured! The remaining 8 were given to a friend or we’d eat them all. Enjoy! 🙂
If you’d like some other breakfast ideas, try my:
- Red Velvet Waffles with Cream Cheese Glaze
Red Velvet Waffles with Cream Cheese Glaze are the perfect way to wake up your sweetie for Valentines Day breakfast or after a great dinner for dessert.
- Sourdough Wheat Everything Bagels
Step by step instructions for amazing sourdough wheat everything bagels using a sourdough starter, wheat flour and all the toppings. Homemade goodness!
- How to Make Smoked Salmon and Brine
I’ll take you step by step through How to Make Smoked Salmon and Brine Recipe and you’ll never need purchase store bought smoked salmon again.
- Cinnamon Glazed Chocolate Crescent Rolls
Refrigerated crescent dough gets stuffed with mini chocolate chips, brushed with browned butter and rolled in cinnamon sugar.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Rolls
- Dissolve yeast in the warm milk and sugar in a small bowl.
- Add butter, salt, eggs, flour and cocoa powder to the bowl of a mixer with dough hook and mix well. Pour the milk/yeast mixture in the bowl and mix well until thoroughly incorporated and elastic.Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour it should be doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13” baking pan. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle of 16 inches long by 12 inches wide.
- In a small bowl mix the peanut butter, brown sugar and butter. Spread the peanut butter mixture evenly over the surface of the dough. Working carefully from the long edge, roll the dough to the other edge. Using dental floss or a serrated knife, cut the roll into 12 slices.
- Place the cut rolls in greased pan. Cover them with a damp towel and allow to rise for another 30 minutes, or when doubled in size.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until light golden brown. While the rolls are baking make the icing by mixing all ingredients and beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy. When the rolls are done and cooled slightly, spread the chocolate glaze evenly over the rolls and sprinkle sea salt flakes on top.
- I pop the peanut butter in the microwave for 20 seconds to melt it a little. Makes it easier to stir.
- If it's too thick to spread, add a little milk to thin it out.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.