These soft and flakey Cinnamon Glazed Chocolate Crescent Rolls could not be easier to make. Warm from the oven with a cinnamon sugar glazed from baking, these have chocolate on the inside and are the perfect little breakfast pastry with that morning cup of coffee or tea.
Refrigerated crescent dough gets stuffed with mini chocolate chips, brushed with browned butter and rolled in cinnamon sugar. Easy peasy right?
Sometimes I play that game with myself and open the refrigerator and look around. What could I make with what’s here? I mean they have cooking shows on that, right?
Well I often times do it and that’s how these little Cinnamon Glazed Chocolate Crescent Rolls came to be. These are rather addictive! For these I thought, to add another flavor dimension, I’d brown the butter. I love the slightly nutty flavor it adds, but feel free to just use melted butter.
I know time can be hard pressed with kids, helping your spouse, or let alone yourself, get up and out the door everyday. With the holidays there’s always that added bit of stress and that’s where you need these.
I love how the outside cinnamon sugar glazes and adds a little crunch to the exterior when biting into each one. I mention each one, because I didn’t stop at just one… or two actually. Taste testing purposes.
Anyways, these are super quick, super easy to make and just the perfect sweet nibble as a breakfast or afternoon snack. Enjoy! If you like this you might also enjoy my Chocolate Caramel Butter Bars or Slab Pecan Bars too.
Cinnamon Glazed Chocolate Crescent Rolls
- 8 oz package Crescent refrigerated dough See Note 1
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small sauté pan add butter and cook on low until it starts to brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool. In a small bowl whisk together the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- On a clean surface unroll dough and separate into 8 triangles. On the wide end of the triangle of dough place one tablespoon of the chocolate chips (See picture above). Starting at wide end, roll dough over chocolate and to the tip of dough. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Repeat with remaining crescent dough and chocolate chips.
- Brush each crescent with browned butter and using one hand roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Put back on baking sheet and curve slightly to make crescent shape. Repeat with remaining and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.