Ever need just a little bite? Not a whole piece or slice, just a nibble? Well these Mini Peanut Butter Apple Pies are for you. Perfect for the dessert tray at your holiday party or anytime.
An incredible combination of flavors, these individual Mini Peanut Butter Apple Pies have it all. Flakey pastry, peanut butter, diced apples, cinnamon and are topped with a crumb topping and caramel.
Made easy with frozen pie crust, too. Cut them out with a 2 1/2″ round cookie cutter and in a small mini muffin pan they go. A little bit of peanut butter goes in and then the apples. I don’t know about you, but that peanut butter apple flavor combination is a favorite of mine.
The diced up apples are mixed with lemon juice, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon and then it all gets a brown sugar oat crumble topping.
Sound easy enough?
I like to drizzle the baked mini peanut butter apple pies with some caramel for that extra touch just before serving. Completely optional of course, but come on, caramel? Yes please.
Just look at these! Flakey pie crust bites loaded with melted peanut butter, cinnamon apples, topped with a brown sugar oat crumble and a drizzle of caramel.
While sometimes I find myself eating a couple of these, one is the perfect way to soothe that sweet tooth fix.
For other apple or peanut butter recipes, try my Maple Glazed Apple Oatmeal Cookies, Cranberry Apple Slab Pie, Baked Hasselback Apples, or these Peanut Butter Chocolate Rolls, No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars, and Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies. Enjoy!
Mini Peanut Butter Apple Pies
- 1 pie crust frozen (See Note 1)
- 1 cup apple diced (See Note 2)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
Oat Crumb Topping
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter cold and cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel, core and dice apple in 1/4“ pieces. In a small bowl toss apple with lemon juice, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl cut the butter into the sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon with a fork or pastry blender until small pea shaped crumbs form. Set aside.
- Unroll 1 pie pastry crust on a lightly floured surface. Make 12 round disks using a 2 1/2" round cooker cutter. Place each pastry round into a well greased mini muffin pan.
- Place a teaspoon of peanut butter in the center of each pastry round, then a tablespoon of the diced apples over top. Divide and sprinkle crumb topping over each.
- Bake the Mini Peanut Butter Apple Pies for 16 minutes. Serve drizzled with caramel sauce if desired.
- I use Pillsbury 14 oz frozen pie crusts, they come 2 to a package. 1 crust rolled out will make the 12 rounds needed for the muffin pan using a 2 1/2" round cutter. Save remaining pie crust for other use or double the recipe to make 24 mini pies.
- I use 2 medium or 1 large sized apple. Typically Gala or Honeycrisp, but Granny Smith work well too. Feel free to use your favorite baking apple.