Mini Peanut Butter Apple Pies
An incredible combination of flavors, these individual Mini Peanut Butter Apple Pies have it all. Flakey pastry, peanut butter, diced apples, cinnamon and are topped with a crumb topping and caramel.
- 1 pie crust frozen (See Note 1)
- 1 cup apple diced (See Note 2)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
Oat Crumb Topping
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter cold and cut into small pieces
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Peel, core and dice apple in 1/4“ pieces. In a small bowl toss apple with lemon juice, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a small bowl cut the butter into the sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon with a fork or pastry blender until small pea shaped crumbs form. Set aside.
Unroll 1 pie pastry crust on a lightly floured surface. Make 12 round disks using a 2 1/2" round cooker cutter. Place each pastry round into a well greased mini muffin pan.
Place a teaspoon of peanut butter in the center of each pastry round, then a tablespoon of the diced apples over top. Divide and sprinkle crumb topping over each.
Bake the Mini Peanut Butter Apple Pies for 16 minutes. Serve drizzled with caramel sauce if desired.
- I use Pillsbury 14 oz frozen pie crusts, they come 2 to a package. 1 crust rolled out will make the 12 rounds needed for the muffin pan using a 2 1/2" round cutter. Save remaining pie crust for other use or double the recipe to make 24 mini pies.
- I use 2 medium or 1 large sized apple. Typically Gala or Honeycrisp, but Granny Smith work well too. Feel free to use your favorite baking apple.
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 119mg | Potassium: 80mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.8mg