Easy, healthy and filled with shrimp, mango and crunchy vegetables, my Mango Shrimp Stuffed Avocado is a perfect appetizer or light lunch that’s good for you. Check out my new video to see how easy these are to make!
Who could resist being served one of these (or like we do, two of these)? I mean it’s a perfect way to get fruit, crunchy vegetables and spicy goodness all wrapped up in avocado with no heavy mayonnaise.
Nope, just mashed avocado and lime juice get the right consistency to hold all the bay shrimp and filling together.
These are so darn good.
A perfect light and refreshing lunch or appetizer, this tropical influenced Mango Shrimp Stuffed Avocado is a quick one to make. The sweet mango plays well with the shrimp and I love the crunchy vegetables all mixed with the avocado and lime juice.
Sometimes I skip the avocado boat and just pile it on a plate with crackers as a dip. This goes quickly so make enough.
We usually eat one avocado each, so that’s two halves of these beauties and it’s a great start as the steak is on the grill.
If you’re a fan of the avocado check out my Southwest BBQ Chicken Salad with Apricots, Avocado and Grilled Corn, or this Fresh Ahi Poke Stack with Papaya Avocado and Sriracha Whipped Cream Drizzle. Enjoy!
Mango Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
- 2 avocados halved and pitted
- 8 oz bay shrimp (1 cup)
- 1 mango pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 lime (juice, 2-3 tbsp)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scoop out half of the avocado leaving a "bowl" area in each. Place the scooped avocado into a medium-size mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the mini bay shrimp, mango, red onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, lime juice and and cilantro to the mashed avocado. Stir to combine and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop avocado shrimp mixture into each avocado bowl and serve immediately or cover and chill. Serves 2 people.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.