These super easy Crispy Sesame Cheddar Cheese Crackers are made with two different cheeses, flour and spices, then get rolled and sliced for baking. Perfect for loading up with appetizer dips and drinks. And the crunch factor is WOW!
These don’t get any easier, really.
I was testing out a new quiche crust idea the other day and thought I’d incorporate cream cheese in the basic short-crust pastry in lieu of all the butter.
After two attempts I decided this would be better suited on it’s own baked in a cracker form.
In a bowl goes the shredded cheddar cheese, flour and spices like celery salt, cayenne and garlic powder.
I blended in the cream cheese by hand and formed it into a log. Wrapping it in plastic wrap and in the freezer it went to firm up more.
I love toasted sesame seeds and decided they would be what I rolled the dough in prior to baking.
These are sliced to a 1/8″ to 1/4″ thickness and baked. Check out the video below to see how easy these Crispy Sesame Cheddar Cheese Crackers are to make.
I kept them in a airtight container before we ate them all. Best part is – these Crispy Sesame Cheddar Cheese Crackers stay crisp for at least a week.
These Crispy Sesame Cheddar Cheese Crackers are made with two cheeses, flour and spices then rolled and sliced for baking. Perfect for loading up with appetizer dips and drinks.
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese chilled and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl add the cheddar cheese, flour, salt, garlic powder, sugar, celery salt and cayenne. Toss to coat the shredded cheese.
- Add the cream cheese cubes and working with your hands, blend all ingredients to form a dough that holds together.
- Shape dough into a log roughly 12 inches long and wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove from plastic wrap and sprinkle sesame seeds on all sides, pressing to adhere.
Carefully slice into 1/8" to 1/4" rounds and place on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Allow to come to room temperature before serving or storing in an airtight container for up to 7 days.