Honey Mustard Sweet Potato Salad
18 CommentsLeave CommentPrint Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Fall is here and I for one am looking forward to a switch up in dining and baking. While I am a huge BBQ and grilling fan, it’s nearing slow cooker season, heartier meals and comfort food. Now comfort food doesn’t have to be unhealthy either. Check out this beautiful Honey Mustard Sweet Potato Salad!
Honey Mustard Sweet Potato Salad
I’m excited to partner with Hamilton Beach®. I received the Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Electric Spiralizer that I used in this recipe. I am happy for the opportunity to share brands with you that I believe in, and I hope you enjoy this holiday inspired salad.
This Honey Mustard Sweet Potato Salad a cinch to put together, too.
I love to use seasonal vegetables in salads and sometimes make them into the meal itself. For those of you with kids, I know sometimes getting them to eat their veggies can be a hassle, but even adults enjoy the look of spiralized vegetables. I know I do!
A wonderful sweet honey mustard dressed sweet potato, zucchini and Brussels sprouts salad that has the savory and salty bacon and tender dried cranberries with almonds for a perfect side dish or main meal.
For other holiday inspired dishes, try my Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Colcannon Irish Mashed Potatoes, Fresh Cranberry Sauce, or these Slab Pumpkin Pie Bars. Enjoy!
Subscribe to my Newsletter, follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube for all my latest recipes and videos.
Spiralized Vegetables and Bacon Salad
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 sweet potato large, peeled and cut in half
- 2 zucchini ends trimmed, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 2 yellow squash ends trimmed, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 8 brussels sprouts end trimmed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- In a large skillet over medium heat render bacon until crisp. Transfer to plate with paper towel to drain. Reserved 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in pan and save balance for other use.
- Thinly slice the brussels sprouts and place in small bowl with cranberries and almonds. Set aside.
- Use Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Spiralizer and using spiral cutter, cut sweet potato, zucchini, squash per instructions into “noodles”. Add to skillet and toss to coat and sauté for 3 minutes over medium-high heat. Stir as water releases from squash and season with salt, pepper.
- Add the honey, mustard and dried sage and toss to coat. Cook another minute or two for al dente vegetables.
- Add the brussels sprouts, cranberries and almonds to pan and mix well. Sauté another 2-3 minutes. Top with cooked bacon pieces and serve warm.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
I love all of the colors and textures here, Kevin! I love how the spiralizer offers different styles too.
I break it out every now and then, it’s just fun! Thanks Marissa.
Wow, Kevin, I’m not a sweet potato fan, but I’m definitely going to try this out. It looks delicious and I am trying to find ways to like sweet potato’s. (A healthy way, that is?)
The flavor and textures on this one do the trick! Thanks Cathy! 🙂
I made this for dinner tonight and it was FANTASTIC! Even my picky eaters enjoyed it. I wasn’t sure about the craisins but I’m glad Ieave them out. It was perfect!
So glad you all enjoyed this one Toni. Thanks for taking the time to let me know. Cheers!
Now that’s a salad. And look at all that colourful goodness! Great work, Kevin.
Thanks John! I need a dose of time to relax and it’s time to go read your latest adventures. The pictures lately have been stunning!
That salad looks like it’s loaded with all kinds of deliciousness…can’t wait to check it out! Plus, the colors are perfect for this time of the year!
Crunchy, savory plus bacon… it’s a good one. Thanks Dave.
As usual, looks great Kevin. Just my type of salad!
Thanks so much Matt. This honey mustard with bacon balances out those healthy things in this. 😉 It’s so good!
Kevin I can’t access the recipe,
It’s at the end of their post here.
Wow looks so beautiful Kevin , I love sweet potato , going to check it now!
Thanks Farida, this is so good! 🙂
Hey Kevin! What a gorgeous salad! The balance of flavors here is perfection! I don’t have a spiralizer but I think I’ll have to check this one out!
Thanks Dorothy. I sneak in the salads when ever I can. This one adds a little bacon to the mix and the honey mustard dressing is great. 🙂