If you’re looking for a beautiful starter salad to impress with minimal effort on your part I’ve got a great one for you today. My Zesty Shrimp Salad uses succulent, tender shrimp sauced with a dijon Ranch salad dressing mixture with capers, red onion, celery and fresh dill.
A perfect salad to start any meal off this could also be a fantastic lunch all by itself, too. My Zesty Shrimp Salad is a hit every time I serve it.
Keep it simple I buy cooked and shelled shrimp from the seafood section of your butcher’s display or use thawed, frozen, too.
I like to serve this on butter lettuce leaves and keep it simple.
The tender shrimp, the crunch from celery and the red onions, the tangy lemon infused dijon Ranch dressing is perfect. Fresh dill is the perfect herb and brightens things up.
Zesty Shrimp Salad
- 1 lb medium shrimp (See Note 1)
- 1/2 cup Ranch salad dressing
- 3 tbsp lemon juice 1/2 lemon and zest
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 small red onion finely chopped (apr. 1/3 cup)
- 3 celery stalks finely chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped dill
- Butterhead or romaine lettuce for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together Ranch dressing, lemon juice and zest and dijon mustard and season with salt and pepper. Add cooked shrimp, capers, red onion, celery, and dill to bowl and toss until combined.
- Chill for 30 minutes and serve over butterhead leaves on a plate. Garnish with some more chopped dill and lemon zest (optional).
- To keep it simple and easy I use shelled, deveined, cooked shrimp with tails removed or you can use thawed frozen shrimp. If using raw, that then quickly sauté to cook on both sides with olive oil, 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan and allow to cool before mixing into salad.