These addictive spiced walnuts are coated in a warm blend of spices then oven toasted. Make this recipe for delicious spicy roasted walnuts for a healthy snack!
These nuts are fantastic for parties, afternoon snacks and game day eats.
Did you know that more than 99% of the walnuts in U.S. are grown in the fertile soils of California’s Central Valley. Internationally, California walnuts supply three-quarters of the world’s walnut trade. Pretty amazing!
With only 6 ingredients added to season the California walnuts, the nuts still shine through in flavor.
I mixed up some of my favorite ingredients like soy sauce, Tabasco, curry powder and butter to coat the walnut before toasting in the oven. The aroma that fills the kitchen is wonderful.
Needless to say, nuts are a healthy snack, and the spiced walnuts are a favorite. They’re so delicious!
How to store roasted nuts
Store your spiced walnuts in an airtight container can keep them on hand for parties, snacking and sprinkling on salads.
If you love walnuts, be sure to make a batch of my mom’s recipe for nutty chocolate meringue cookies. Enjoy!
Savory Spiced Walnuts
- 6 cups walnut halves
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hot curry powder
- 1 tbsp chili seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 225°F
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and toss well to coat thoroughly.
- Spread mixture evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then stir to turn and toast evenly. Return to oven for 15 more minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store in an airtight container once completely cooled.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.