Chicken thighs are always on hand for meals that need to happen quickly and this Pan Seared Chicken with Mushrooms is a great example of that. Watch the new video to see how easy it is to make, too.
These healthy, flavorful and tender chicken thighs are boneless and skinless, get a quick pan sear then are napped with an incredible mushroom sauce that seals the deal.
Chicken with Mushrooms
Happy Monday people. Everyone have a good weekend? Did you watch the Oscars and did your favorites win? I have had this evil flu that’s been going around and it hit this house hard. Been down and out for the past week, it’s terrible.
Needless to say I thought this favorite of mine would help make your mid-week dinner plans easier. It did mine last night!
I have been testing and re-testing recipes, baking like a mad man and trying new things for upcoming recipe posts and videos and sometimes a good, easy and tasty meal is all I need to end the day right.
San Diego has been actually having rain lately, amazing right? It is for us, where the one season is sunny. California needs rain, so I am happy it continues to make a dent in the drought. We even took the boys out Sunday morning to run and play on a hike and it started to rain. Loved. Every. Moment.
This Pan Seared Chicken with Mushrooms has a wonderful pan sauce that has lots of mushrooms all sautéed, simmered and ready to be devoured in minutes. Seasoning the chicken, pan searing, and then making the sauce and those chicken thighs go back in to coat and plate up. Easy peasy.
A little side of steamed vegetable, which happened to be some asparagus, and dinner was done. Hope this helps for a quick and tasty dinner. Enjoy!
This recipe first appeared here on Kevin Is Cooking on September 16, 2016 and has been updated with a new video. Hope you enjoy it.
Pan Seared Chicken with Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs boneless, skinless (See Note 1)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp butter divided
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups thinly sliced Crimini mushrooms (or any small mushroom)
- 2 garlic cloves minced (optional)
- 1/3 cup parsley chopped, divided
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add mushrooms, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Uncover and add garlic (optional), cook over high heat until liquid almost evaporates and mushrooms brown and glaze, about 5 minutes. Add white wine, 1/4 cup broth. Stir to scrape up browned bits in pan. Pour into a small bowl.
- On a plate sprinkle both sides of chicken thighs with salt, pepper and flour. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to skillet and melt over high heat. Add chicken to pan and cook until lightly browned, 4 minutes. Turn over and cook for 6 minutes. Remove to platter, cover to keep warm.
- Pour cooked mushrooms back into pan and add remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth, 1/4 cup parsley. scraping to release brown bits on bottom of pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and swirl in pan until melted. Drain juice from cooked chicken into pan. Bring to a boil, stirring. Pour over chicken and sprinkle with remaining parsley.