What these easy roasted vegetables do to a meal is elevate it to another level. They always add a special touch due to the edges getting caramelized with their crispy exterior and fluffy insides and their flavors intensify. They can be along side a roast, grilled meat or a herbed chicken, or on their own as a the star of the meal.
In this recipe for easy roasted vegetables I toss them with good olive oil, my secret Lipton Onion Mushroom soup mix and fresh herbs. I spread them out over 2 sheet pans lined with the Silpat baking sheets for easy clean up. Spreading the vegetable mixture out over 2 pans ensures they don’t get over crowded and steam, instead they get the toasty, crispy, golden brown I love on the edges. I served these last night with my grilled Teriyaki Marinated Flank Steak and made plenty for leftovers.
Preheat oven to 400°.
Easy Roasted Vegetables With Fresh Herbs
- 6 carrots peeled
- 6 ribs celery
- 1 red onion chopped
- 6 medium red potatoes quartered
- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- Several sprigs each of parsley sage, rosemary and thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet of Lipton Onion Mushroom soup mix
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Wash, peel and chop the carrots, celery, onions and potatoes.
- Chop the fresh herbs, set aside.
- In a bowl mix the vegetables, garlic, olive oil, soup mix and herbs. Toss well to evenly coat and spread out on 2 cooking sheet pans lined with silicone non-stick baking mat for easy clean up.
- Place in the 400° oven for 40 minutes to roast and serve along side a beautiful Teriyaki Marinated Flank Steak, or meat of your choice.