Here’s a little something to nibble on as your dinner grills or smokes. This summer inspired appetizer is sure to be a hit. Who doesn’t like bruschetta? That wonderful antipasto from Italy made of grilled bread, rubbed with garlic and topped with tomatoes, basil and olive oil? So fresh and summery, but I decided to switch it up with my version. I think this Cherry Ricotta Bruschetta is pretty tasty!
With this Summer’s amazing cherry bounty I figured a twist on the traditional bruschetta was in order. This Cherry Ricotta Bruschetta does not disappoint and is so easy for your next BBQ, picnic or party appetizer!
I added some honey and whipped the ricotta as a spread on the grilled sourdough baguette.
A simple quick roast under the broiler (purely optional) and the sliced cherries get a toss with some lemon juice. You can just as easily skip this roasting step if you like and keep it fresh and easy as well.
To keep things bright and counter the creamy ricotta I added a drizzle of honey over the cherries, a sprinkling of lemon zest and fresh chopped mint.
These were gone in no time.
A quick summer time appetizer made with fresh ingredients that’s perfect for any lunch, dinner or grilling party.
We had these with this Honey Mustard Grilled Salmon and it was fantastic. Enjoy!
Cherry Ricotta Bruschetta
- 1 sour dough baguette
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz fresh ricotta
- 4 tbsp honey separated
- 12 oz fresh cherries See Note 1
- 1 lemon See Note 2
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh mint See Note 3
- Zest half of the lemon and set aside. Slice the baguette in half lengthwise and brush with olive oil. Toast and char slightly on grill or under broiler.
- In a small bowl mix together 2 tablespoons of the honey and ricotta until smooth. Set aside.
- Wash, pit and slice the cherries in half. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Broil on second shelf in oven for 8-10 minutes until juicy and softened.
- Toss roasted cherries with juice from half the lemon.
- Spread honey ricotta evenly over each grilled baguette, top with roasted cherries and juices, remaining 2 tablespoons of honey, lemon zest and chopped mint. Slice into 8 pieces total and serve immediately.