Cherry Ricotta Bruschetta
Who doesn’t like bruschetta? That wonderful antipasto from Italy made of grilled bread topped with tomatoes, basil and olive oil? So fresh and summery, but I decided to switch it up with my version. I think this Cherry Ricotta Bruschetta is pretty tasty!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 sour dough baguette
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz fresh ricotta
- 4 tbsp honey separated
- 12 oz fresh cherries See Note 1
- 1 lemon See Note 2
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh mint See Note 3
Zest half of the lemon and set aside. Slice the baguette in half lengthwise and brush with olive oil. Toast and char slightly on grill or under broiler.
In a small bowl mix together 2 tablespoons of the honey and ricotta until smooth. Set aside.
Wash, pit and slice the cherries in half. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Broil on second shelf in oven for 8-10 minutes until juicy and softened.
Toss roasted cherries with juice from half the lemon.
Spread honey ricotta evenly over each grilled baguette, top with roasted cherries and juices, remaining 2 tablespoons of honey, lemon zest and chopped mint. Slice into 8 pieces total and serve immediately.
1. Depending on size of cherries you will need at least 2 cups total.
2. Zest half of the lemon first and then slice and juice half the lemon, saving the other half for another ruse. You will need 2 tablespoons total to mix with roasted cherries.
3. I used about 10 fresh mint leaves, although this may vary depending on size of mint leaves.
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 216mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 1.3mg