This Baked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast dinner could not be any easier to put together and I’ve got a new video for you to show just how. I’m all about big and bold flavors, sometimes a little time is involved, but NOT with this one! Your family will be asking for more.
Smoky bacon wrapped around a seasoned chicken breast, slathered with your favorite BBQ sauce and baked to tender perfection. Served with some steamed vegetables or a salad and you are ready to eat.
Trust me, your kids will love this.
We had a wonderful time last night over a friend’s house and there were eight of us. Our hostess was incredible and we had grilled, marinated tri-tip, an amazing chicken dish I need to get the recipe for and share with you guys soon and salad and fresh bread. We chatted about travel and other countries, too. Fun part was everyone was into food and we got around to talking about this site and the varying recipes and influences. I had a great time and was happy I decided to bring my Blueberry, Strawberry, Goat Cheese and Basil Tart for the dessert. It was a hit and is one of Dave’s all-time favorites. Give it a try if you haven’t.
But, back to this dinner. Baked in the oven, this Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast dinner achieves an almost lacquered coating of sweet and stickiness.
I use bone-in chicken breasts because I believe them to add more flavor than a chicken breast without, although I do remove the skin here. Usually if baking a chicken breast I keep the skin on so it renders down and bastes the chicken as it cooks. Here each breast is seasoned with some garlic and chili powder, wrapped on top with smoky bacon, which accomplishes the same purpose as skin on and is slathered with my favorite BBQ sauce.
Super tender and moist, this is tangy, sweet, hot chicken can be paired with a salad, or like I did here, some steamed asparagus. You can cut through the bacon with your fork it’s all so tender. Dinner is served.
If you’re looking for more chicken dishes, try my Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Roasted Cauliflower or Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breast, too. Enjoy!
This recipe first appeared on Kevin Is Cooking in November 2016 and has been updated with a new video.
Baked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
- 4 large chicken breasts bone-in
- 1/4 tsp ground chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic or onion powder
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove any chicken skin from each breast and discard. Sprinkle the chili and garlic (or onion) powder evenly over all four chicken breasts. Wrap a slice of bacon over the top of each breast, tucking the ends underneath. (See Note 1)
- Place the chicken in a greased 13x9” baking dish. Brush each chicken breast with BBQ sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes depending on size of chicken. Baste once if desired while it bakes. Chicken should be done when thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast meat reads 165°F.