These Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts are not only beyond easy to prepare, but I guarantee they will be gone in no time so make plenty! These will become your new healthy addiction.
I was never a big fan of brussels sprouts until I tried them roasted. I always had them steamed, sometimes with melted cheddar cheese on top, sometimes with just a squeeze of lemon. But roasted? These brussels sprouts are so good!
Some may think of them as mini cabbages, they look like them, but it is a compact and flavorful vegetable that when caramelized is irresistible and you will be popping these in your mouth – one after another.
Roasting the brussels sprouts really gives them a nutty flavor and besides being super healthy, they are tasty.
What is my secret to that makes them so good? I toss these little beauties in a honey and balsamic vinegar mixture after roasting for an incredible dimension in flavor. It sealed the deal for me.
It’s a great side dish or main dish for a meal. The balsamic vinegar makes it tangy, and the honey gives them some sweetness. When tossed with the roasted, caramelized brussels sprouts – heaven.
First let’s preheat your oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or use a silicone baking mat.
Trim off the outer, dry leaves, cut the bottom off and slice lengthwise.
In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts with olive oil, kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to coat thoroughly.
Transfer the brussels sprouts to baking sheet and roast until tender and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
Place the roasted brussels sprouts back in a bowl, or keep on the tray, because then you’re going to toss these in a fantastic combination of flavors. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey and toss to coat evenly. Taste and season with kosher salt if necessary and serve.
That’s it! All under 30 minutes, too. Thought there was more to it? Nope, not at all. Sometimes the simplest or easiest can be so good.
If you are a Brussels Sprouts lover try my Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Leeks with Ginger. Now go enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp olive oil separated
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or use a Silpat silicone baking mat.
- Trim off the outer, dry leaves, cut the bottom off and slice sprouts lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to coat thoroughly.
- Transfer the brussels sprouts to baking sheet and roast until tender and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Place brussels sprouts back in bowl. Add remaining tablespoon olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey and toss to coat evenly. Taste and season with kosher salt if necessary and serve.