Chicken thighs are always on hand for meals that need to happen quickly and this Pan Seared Chicken with Mushrooms is a great example of that.
These healthy, flavorful and tender chicken thighs are boneless and skinless, get a quick pan sear then are napped with an incredible mushroom sauce that seals the deal.
Happy Monday people. Everyone have a good weekend? San Diego has been actually having rain lately, amazing right? It is for us, where the one season is sunny. California needs rain, so feel free to send those good vibes coming our way, feel me?
We took the boys up to Mount Laguna to go hiking Sunday and took it easy really as Dave has been having some blood sugar level trials and tribulations with medication and just lack of energy. Wish I had a magic wand, but in the meantime we will be vigilant and monitor.
The days are taking longer for the sun to rise and when I take the dogs to the park at 5:45am it’s still so dark! I am thinking that the daylight saving time change is soon approaching and the next holiday will be Halloween. Holy smokes, where did the year go?
I have been testing and re-testing recipes, baking like a mad man and trying new things for upcoming recipe posts and sometimes a good, easy and tasty meal is all I need to end the day right.
This Pan Seared Chicken with Mushrooms has a wonderful pan sauce that has lots of mushrooms all sautéed, simmered and ready to be devoured in minutes. Seasoning the chicken, pan searing, and then making the sauce and those chicken thighs go back in to coat and plate up. Easy peasy. A little side of steamed vegetable, which happened to be some asparagus, and dinner was done. Hope this helps for a quick and tasty dinner. Enjoy!
Oh and the insurance adjuster came out and took a look at the car and cut a check. Next move is to take it in and get repaired. We’ll see if his amount matches what the repairs come to, but that’s another day.
- 4 chicken thighs boneless, skinless (See Note 1)
- 1/4 tsp . sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp butter divided
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup parsley chopped, divided
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add mushrooms, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Uncover and cook over high heat until liquid almost evaporates and mushrooms brown and glaze, about 5 minutes. Add white wine, 1/4 cup broth. Stir to scrape up browned bits in pan. Pour into a small bowl.
- On a plate sprinkle both sides of chicken thighs with salt, pepper and flour. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to skillet and melt over high heat. Add chicken to pan and cook until lightly browned, 4 minutes. Turn over and cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to platter, cover to keep warm.
- Pour cooked mushrooms back into pan and add remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth, 1/4 cup parsley. scraping to release brown bits on bottom of pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and swirl in pan until melted. Drain juice from cooked chicken into pan. Bring to a boil, stirring. Pour over chicken and sprinkle with remaining parsley.