These smoky, nutty pecans coated with a delicious and exotic mixture of spices will soon become your new snacking addiction!
Last minute party snack idea? You bet! This is one of my all time favorite snacks, and while in the oven toasting, your home will become so aromatic. The mix of curry and chili adds a surprising addition to the nutty, smoky pecan. It’s not rocket science or something that takes forever to make, so I won’t bother you with a long winded story. These are amazing and a must try.
Preheat your oven to 225°F. In a mixing bowl combine the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, soy sauce, curry powder and chili powder. Simply add the pecan halves and toss well to coat thoroughly. Spread mixture evenly on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat baking mat or aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
Easy peasy, no? Let me know what you think. You can find this and other recipes in my free eBook International Modern Comfort Food. Just subscribe for new recipe posts delivered fresh to your INBOX in the sidebar… it’s FREE. Enjoy!
Bake these for 20 minutes and then stir to turn and toast evenly. Return to oven for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and dust with some sea salt. Serve warm or at room temperature. These will keep for two weeks in an airtight container, if you don’t eat them all in a sitting or two like I usually do.
Start that oven now and set it to 225°F!
- 6 cups of pecan halves
- 6 tbsp of melted butter
- ¼ cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp of Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hot curry powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 225F°
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and toss well to coat thoroughly.
- Spread mixture evenly on a baking sheet, preferably with sides.
- Bake these for 30 minutes and then stir to turn and toast evenly. Return to oven for 10 more minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.