Instant Pot pulled pork is a snap to make, with perfectly juicy meat and tangy orange sauce. Use this recipe to make pulled pork sliders!
Spring has sprung and this may seem like a Summer meal, but you can do it all in the comfort of your kitchen any time! I’m serving up this southern-style pork recipe today, which is a house favorite and I know it will be one of yours, too.
Instead of a slow roast in the oven, I opted to get the job done quicker using my Instant Pot, and the result is incredible pulled pork sliders. You’re going to want to put the orange sauce on everything, too. Trust me!
Instant Pot pulled pork sliders
You can get the Instant Pot pulled pork on the dinner table in about 30 minutes. I used a boneless pork roast as the base for this recipe and bumped up the flavors with some ginger, citrus and marsala wine before turning on my Instant Pot.
The result is fall apart, unctuous, amazing pulled pork. I shred the pork and give it a quick pan fry to crisp up the edges before topping with the orange sauce. I like to serve the meat on slider buns, but you could easily serve it as-is over salad greens, or even as traditional pulled pork sandwiches.
Making the orange sauce
So, about this orange sauce. Incredible. The clove and cinnamon mixed with the tangy citrus pair perfectly together.
- In a saucepan place the sugar, orange juice, zest, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, red pepper flakes and ground clove.
- Turn heat to medium and cook until thickened, stirring often. The sauce will be a thick amber color, almost clear.
The Instant Pot pulled pork is so tender and even better, it cooks SO much quicker in a pressure cooker than in a slow cooker or on the stovetop.
Pulled pork sliders
The result is one amazing sweet, smokey, spiced and tangy sauce to dip your pulled pork in. OR, pour the sauce over the Instant Pot pulled pork and stuff it in slider buns. I like to put out a side of peach coleslaw to go with it
This hassle-free dinner is ready in about 30 minutes. Pulled pork sliders are perfect for a game day meal, too.
Other uses for Instant Pot pulled pork
Or, just make a simple garden salad and serve the meat right on top. The orange sauce is so good, you may not even need salad dressing!
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Sliders
- 2 lb pork tenderloin or boneless pork loin roast
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup marsala wine or other dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp ground ginger or fresh grated ginger
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 8 slider buns or 4 regular sandwich buns
- Combine the cooking sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine. Set aside.
- Place pork in the Instant Pot and pour cooking sauce over. Close lid and venting valve, then press meat setting to start cooking.
- When meat is done, release vent valve and open lid. Shred pork using 2 forks, discarding any large pieces of fat. Cover with lid to keep warm.
- In a saucepan, place sugar, orange juice, zest, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, red pepper flakes and ground cloves. Turn heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until thickened. The sauce should be a thick amber to almost clear color at this point.
- Serve sauce over pulled pork on slider buns.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.