For my South Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce I start with a golden yellow mustard simmered with brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and spices that will have you craving more. Shake up your typical BBQ sauce!
Super easy to make this delivers a punch of surprisingly delicious flavor.
All the ingredients get mixed and simmered for 10 minutes, allow it to cool and dip and drizzle away.
I think the best is NOT to baste with the mustard sauce and just use as a dipping sauce or drizzle over the ribs AFTER they’ve been cut. The mustard seems to get a little bitter if basted while the ribs are still on the grill. It’s completely up to you.
This is fantastic on my South Carolina Ribs.
- 3/4 cup yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce (I use Tabasco)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- In small saucepan whisk together all the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes. Let cool before using.