A classic comfort food staple with Russian origins, this stroganoff gets a makeover using tender chicken instead of beef strips, is served with egg noodles in a creamy mushroom sauce that’s all made in one pot. Better still this Chicken Stroganoff can be on the table in 40 minutes, too.
It’s getting cooler outside and what better way to serve up some flavorful comfort food then with this One Pan Creamy Chicken Stroganoff.
Tender seasoned chicken pieces get a quick sauté. Rich, earthy crimini mushrooms, garlic and wine cook with chicken stock and in the same pot goes the chicken and uncooked noodles. Dinner is soon served after it all gets a healthy dose of sour cream.
This is one amazing dinner. The flavors from the paprika and sour cream sauced noodles and the tender chicken are fantastic. Your family will devour this one!
One Pan Creamy Chicken Stroganoff
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast or tenders cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped or 4 sprigs, tied bundle
- 6 oz wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches so as not to steam, add chicken, salt and pepper. Cook 6 minutes or until golden brown, stirring often. Add the flour and stir to coat and cook 1 minute. Remove from pan.
- Add butter to pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook 8 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Add wine to deglaze pan and stir up browned bits on bottom of pan and reduce by half.
- Add chicken stock, paprika and thyme and stir. Add chicken and noodles. Cover with lid and cook 8 minutes or until done. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.