This Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole is a creamy, chicken pasta dish that’s perfect for a mid-week comfort food dinner with lots of cheese and chunks of rotisserie chicken baked to a golden brown.
Pasta, chicken, cheese… who can resist? Not me.
What’s Chicken Tetrazzini?
Apparently it’s named after Italian opera star Luisa Tetrazzini in the 1920’s by a chef at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco, but who really knows its origin. All I know is this is pure comfort food.
Using rotisserie chicken to make it easier, this pasta dish uses cooked spaghetti and the sauce is made from condensed cream of mushroom and chicken soups.
Mixed all together with some flavor weapons like sour cream, garlic powder and sherry, this is baked in a casserole dish topped with lots of mozzarella and parmesan cheese!
Creamy, cheesy coated chicken chunks swirled in pasta.
Say that five times fast. 🙂
When making this Chicken Tetrazzini, the sauce may look like too much, but trust me, the pasta soaks it up while it bakes.
The shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheeses melt to a golden brown on top. Just delish!
This works well to freeze too for a later time. For any leftovers, I drizzle on some milk to get it a little moist and heat it up. Enjoy!
Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and chopped (See Note 1)
- 16 oz spaghetti or linguini
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp sherry (dry)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cook pasta in heavily salted water for 10 minutes. Drain, do not rinse, and toss with some olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the garlic powder, sherry, sour cream, cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soups and chicken broth until well combined. Gently mix in the chopped chicken and cooked spaghetti, tossing to coat.
- Pour evenly into a greased 13x9" pan coated in cooking spray or olive oil and sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheeses evenly on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
- I like to use 2 rotisserie chicken breasts. Remove skin and chop breast meat into bite size pieces.