4 CommentsLeave CommentPrint Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Mexican peanuts are a chili lime flavored, crunchy, spicy snack. Make this roasted nuts recipe with 5 ingredients, and in only 25 minutes!
I’ve seen these Mexican peanuts at Whole Foods and other markets, but they’re expensive. Making them at home saves money and allows you to add more flavor. I think chili lime peanuts pair perfectly with spiced pecans for a snack, especially on game day!
Even better, they’re easy to make, and compared to some other game day snacks, these are relatively healthy!
Ingredient notes for Mexican peanuts
- Peanuts– Be sure to use raw peanuts, not previously roasted.
- Seasoning– I use chili seasoning and lime juice for chili-lime flavor. If you want to add the same type of flavor to the peanuts but you don’t want to use homemade chili seasoning, you could use Tajin seasoning, which also has a chili-lime flavor.
Or, change the flavor completely! Use ranch seasoning to give them a less spicy flavor, or taco seasoning would be great as well!
Another chili-lime flavored dish to make
If you love that flavor as much as I do, be sure to check out my recipe for chili lime grilled shrimp too!
Subscribe to my Newsletter, follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube for all my latest recipes and videos.
Chili Lime Mexican Peanuts
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice (half lime)
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp chili seasoning
- 1 lb shelled raw peanuts
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 275˚F.
- Mix the fresh lime juice, oil and chili in a bowl. Add peanuts and toss to coat.
- Place nuts on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until golden in color.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Can I use raw Spanish peanuts?
Yes, I see no reason why not. I love them!
I am so making these for the holidays! Great to have around for a snack!
Great to have for the Holiday’s for sure!