I had this idea to incorporate the traditional meatloaf with some Mexican seasonings, and with the addition of cheese in the center of the loaf, it was a hit.
Preheat oven to 325˚.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped garlic
- 1-4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup salsa to top meatloaf
- 1/4 lb Pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 lb Sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325˚.
- In a mixing bowl incorporate all ingredients except the salsa and cheeses. Press half of the meat mixture into a loaf pan.
- Cut the cheeses into 3 "fingers" each, and place on top of the meatloaf, making sure not to touch the sides. The meat mixture needs to be encasing the cheese. Place the other half of the meat mixture on top now and press firmly.
- Top with the salsa to coat and seal the top. Bake for 65 minutes and let cool.