This south of the border, tropical influenced, Mango Pico de Gallo is a hit every time. Sweet and tangy pieces of mango mixed with diced peppers, jicama, red onion and cilantro all marinate in fresh lime juice, cumin and garlic. Perfect with chips… and not necessarily tortilla.
I’m excited that today’s post is sponsored by my friends over at Kettle Brand Potato Chips.
We’ve been BIG fans of their Jalapeño chips forever. LOVE them. So when I was approached to try their new Bourbon BBQ style chip I was happy to.
Same amazing crunch, not overly sweet or salty, just right. The BBQ flavor isn’t over powering and the bourbon flavor just sweetly sits in the background.
We found these to be quite tasty and I decided to make up my Mango Pico de Gallo and have friends over to try these as well.
When you open a bag of Kettle Brand Potato Chips, you know you’re getting the best tasting, natural chips made with real ingredients by real people.
Kettle’s original vision that still holds true today is great taste with real, less processed foods.
So what better way to enjoy them then with some fresh, homemade pico de gallo with a tropical spin on it!
Fresh mango gets mixed with diced red onion, serrano chile, red and green bell peppers and my surprise twist is jicama! I love jicama in salads, with a squeeze of lime juice and a sprinkle of chili powder. So good.
These Kettle Brand Bourbon BBQ potato chips held up to dipping, the flavors worked nicely together and everyone agreed they were a great chip.
I couldn’t tease my friends with just a tropical appetizer, so I decided to keep the theme going and made some BBQ Chicken and served it with the Mango Pico de Gallo.
I hope you give these Kettle Brand Bourbon BBQ Potato Chips a try and search then out at your favorite market, they’re so good!
Thanks again to Kettle Brand Potato Chips for sponsoring today’s post and thank you for supporting the companies that continue to make Kevin Is Cooking possible.
Mango Pico de Gallo
- 2 cups mango
- 1 cup red onion
- 1 cup jicama
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 Serrano chile
- 1 jalapeño chile
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Peel and cut flesh of mango from pit. Dice into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Peel skin from red onion. Dice into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Peel skin from jicama. Dice into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Trim end of each bell pepper, discard seeds and inner membrane. Dice into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Trim stems off chiles and discard along with seeds. Dice into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Trim cilantro leaves from stems and roughly chop.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the lime juice, honey, salt, pepper, cumin and garlic powder.
- Add all the mango, onion, jicama, bell peppers, chiles and cilantro to bowl. Toss to coat and refrigerate covered for 30 minutes minimum for flavors to meld. Season to taste.
- Serve cold or room temperature with chips.