These Herb Roasted Poupon Potatoes couldn’t be any easier and are a wonderful side dish that is pretty effortless. Packed with flavor, caramelized red potatoes that are crispy on the outside, tender and fluffy on the inside, all coated with a tangy sauce.
This is truly simple and it just consists of red potatoes, mustard, olive oil and herbs. Delicious, easy and perfect with roasted chicken or whatever your serving this holiday season.
In trying to keep things easy for you I though I’d share a few side dishes today to help with your meal planning ideas. While you’re at it these Marinated Slow Roasted Onions could easily be made at the same time!
I almost ate half the batch for this post. Yes, me alone. Shameless, right? They’re just addicting. Dave asked why I only made one serving and where was mine! Ha, funny guy.
Everyone is planning their upcoming holiday menus and I thought this would be a perfect side dish for you to try. Today is a double feature, so check out my other recipe for you, these Marinated Slow Roasted Onions. Heavenly! Enjoy!
Herb Roasted Poupon Potatoes
- 8 medium red potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/3 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a small bowl whisk together the mustard, oil, garlic and rosemary. Set aside. Wash, quarter then quarter again each potato.
- In a large oven roof skillet (like cast iron) over medium-high heat add butter and cook potatoes for 8-10 minutes until golden brown on edges. Season with salt and pepper then transfer to oven to roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and add mustard sauce to roasted potatoes. Stir to coat evenly and cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes on stovetop. Serve with chopped parsley or more rosemary if desired.