A twist to the traditional German fried potato dish, these German Fried Potatoes with Chicken mixes a tangy sauce, rotisserie chicken and bacon for a quick and delicious dinner in minutes. I made a new video to show you how easy it is to prepare!
I use rotisserie chicken meat to speed things up. Pan fried, golden brown, red potatoes are glazed in an apple cider vinegar pan sauce with crumbled bacon and chopped green onions. Mixed with the chicken and you have an incredible, tasty dinner. Comfort in a bowl.
How was everyone’s weekend? Gearing up for the holidays, I’ve been thinking of different meals to share with you that are quick to put together and are packed with flavor because we all get a little side tracked with busy schedules.
We love this one because with the rotisserie chicken you can pick up at Costco or your favorite market, this comes together rather quick. Tender chicken is sauced in a apple cider vinegar flavored pan sauce that is just poppin’ with flavor.
I start off with rendering some bacon to crumble. With a little of the bacon fat, in go the red potatoes to brown and get all crispy. Can you smell it?
Setting the potatoes aside, I make a quick pan sauce by cooking some flour in with the bacon fat, deglazing the pan with the apple cider vinegar to pick up all the little bits, then add a little chicken stock.
This sauce is simple and so tasty. Lots of chopped green onions go in the mix, the potatoes and chopped breast meat get tossed in and you are ready to serve. Not just relegated to a side dish, these potatoes become a meal. Enjoy!
This recipe first appeared on Kevin Is Cooking on October 10, 2016 and has been updated with a new video. I hope you enjoy it!
German Fried Potatoes with Chicken
- 4 pieces of bacon
- 4 medium red potatoes quartered
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 green onions sliced thin (white and green parts)
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts chopped
- Shred or chop the two rotisserie chicken breasts. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat render the bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and allow to drain on paper towel.
- Fry potatoes in bacon fat until golden brown and crispy on all sides. Season with a pinch of black pepper and set aside with bacon.
- Add flour to pan, stir and cook for a minute or two in the remaining bacon fat. Add the 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, chicken broth and scrape pan to pick up all the bits. Sauce will thicken.
- Add green onions, bacon, potatoes and chicken to the pan, stirring to coat all. Serve immediately. Top with more green onions if desired.