Talk about a quick and easy dinner that is poppin’ with flavor, these Balsamic Apricot Pork Chops are so simple and deliver big time in the flavor department. I haven’t shared a pork chop recipe and I think this is one for your dinner rotation.
All this takes is a seasoning on both sides of a little kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper and a quick sear in the pan. Place the pan in the oven to finish them off and make the sweet and sour sauce that coats these. I serve them over mashed potatoes and be sure to drizzle more of that amazing sauce over the top of all.
How was everyone’s weekend? I didn’t get in any car accidents! I also cooked, baked and went hiking in the mountains with Dave and our boys. Lots of fantastic new recipes coming your way for the upcoming holidays.
Oh, and we went and saw the Lion King musical this past Tuesday as well. Off. The. Hook. Amazing. Honestly if you can see this tour, GO! I never saw this musical before and it has to be one of my all time favorites. Oh, the costumes, the imagination, the lighting, music and the actors. I could go on and on. Fantastic singing… Just GO see it if you can.
Now, back to these pork chops, which are a fantastic meal and these are bone in for more flavor. Feel free to use boneless if you like.
The kicker in the sauce starts with apricot jam, I use sugar fee as Dave’s a diabetic and occasionally likes it on toast. Mixed with balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, thyme and a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional) and this is it!
Add some chicken stock and cook the sauce down a little to thicken as the pork chops finish in the oven.
What you get is one quick and delicious meal that’s on the table in no time. These are so flavorful, with the sweet and tangy apricot, balsamic and tang of the Dijon mustard. My favorite herb thyme makes an appearance, too.
Serve these over mashed potatoes to drizzle even more of the sweet and sour sauce over these Balsamic Apricot Pork Chops. A little sprinkle of chopped parsley for color and you’re done. With a little side salad or veg of choice you’re good to eat. Enjoy!
Balsamic Apricot Pork Chops
- 2 lbs pork chops 4-8oz bone-in, 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup apricot jam (See Note 1)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- pinch red pepper flakes
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season pork chops with kosher salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine chicken stock, apricot jam, balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, thyme and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large oven proof skillet (like cast iron) over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and sear until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes. Place in oven and roast until completely cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. (See Note 2)
- When done remove from oven and pour glaze over pork chops, turning to coat and serve immediately.
2. Cooking time may vary depending on thickness of pork chops. I used 3/4” thick.