We all get busy and after a hard day sometimes don’t feel like putting a lot of effort into a meal. This super tasty Easy Roasted Vegetables with Honey and Balsamic Syrup comes to the rescue! The sauce used after roasting is still my most viewed recipe here and on Pinterest.
The past couple weeks have had me doing 10-11 hour days, traveling out of town and just getting way behind in keeping up with my usual blog reading. Juggling a day job and this site has it’s challenges and sometimes I walk into the kitchen at 6 or 7pm and realize I have nothing planned for dinner. So the slow cooker is a great friend (if you think about it early in the day!) and another great trick is to turn on the oven right away to heat it up and roast some vegetables.
These Easy Roasted Vegetables with Honey and Balsamic Syrup are great all on their own or with rotisserie chicken or fish – you’re all set. The vegetables are tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted until they get caramelized and the edges are crispy. 30 minutes tops, and the potatoes are creamy, the sprouts are crunchy and the sweet shallot and carrots balance it all out!
With the recent Daylight Savings Time switch it gets dark early here and I don’t know about you, but it makes me think it’s later than it is and to get crackin’ on making dinner. Roasted vegetables are easy, healthy and so easy. The perfect side dish or make enough for an entire meal.
After roasting they get tossed with a little olive oil, honey and balsamic syrup. If you don’t have the concentrated syrup balsamic vinegar always works, too. You’ve had a hard day, don’t sweat it. If the medley of veggies isn’t on hand or you just have brussels sprouts try this out.
Easy Roasted Vegetables with Honey and Balsamic Syrup
- 1/2 lb brussels sprouts halved
- 1/2 lb cut carrots
- 1/2 lb halved small new potatoes white and purple
- 2 large shallots quartered
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic syrup
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or use a Silpat silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts, carrots, potatoes and shallots with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to coat thoroughly.
- Transfer the vegetables to baking sheet and roast until tender and caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Place roasted vegetables back in bowl. Add remaining tablespoon olive oil, balsamic syrup and honey and toss to coat evenly. Taste and season with kosher salt if necessary and serve.