An incredible combination of flavors, these Apple Peanut Butter Tarts have it all. Puff pastry encases peanut butter, topped with diced apples, a dab of apple butter and peanuts.
A great little dessert for any party or when a slice of pie is just too much.
So this is the last post for 2016. I can’t believe another year has come and gone! I have had so much fun this past year getting to know so many of you readers and our interactions via comments and answering email questions. I’ve really enjoyed learning new things to share with you and also learning a few things from you guys.
This little beauty of a dessert is pure magic. A delicious mix of golden puff pastry with baked apples. I like to add a little lemon juice, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon then toss the diced apples in it. The chunky peanut butter (or creamy if you like) gets put on the puff pastry and then the apple mixture and then I add apple butter. This can be found in the aisle where you get jams at the market. I love pumpkin butter, too and use it in my Pumpkin Butter All Bran Muffins.
These can be folded up and egg washed, or like I did here, put into a greased muffin pan and baked topped with peanuts. These are SO good!
Baked to a golden delicious, no pun intended, finish, these are the best little desserts that deliver big on flavor. Just dust with a little powdered sugar before serving these and they will be gone in no time.
The melting peanut butter and cinnamon diced apples are just incredible.
I so appreciate that you come and visit my little corner of the web and I wish each and everyone of you an incredibly fun and safe New Year ahead.
Cheers and talk soon. Enjoy!
Apple Peanut Butter Tarts
- 1 cup large Honey Crisp apple diced (approx. 1 )
- 2 tbsp lemon juice approx. 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 sheet frozen puff pasty thawed
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp apple butter
- 1/2 cup chopped salted roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into pieces
- 1 large egg beaten
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel, core and dice apple in 1/4 “ pieces. In a small bowl toss apple with lemon juice, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface into a 12” square. Cut into thirds and each strip into thirds again for 9 squares.
- Place a teaspoon of peanut butter in the center of each pastry square, then tablespoon of apples and then 1 teaspoon of apple butter over top. Top with peanuts and dot with butter. Place each pastry square into a well greased muffin pan.
- Beat egg and 1 tsp. water in a small bowl and brush pastry edges with egg wash. Let chill in freezer 10 minutes.
- Bake tarts until puff pastry is golden, 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake until pastry is deep golden brown and apples are tender, another 5 minutes. Serve dusted with powdered sugar.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.