When you’re in an energy slump, feel like you need a boost during the day, before a hike, off to work or after school, these Dark Chocolate Fruit Bites are the perfect way to keep you going.
Calling all chocoholics, do I have a quick and easy offering for you today. The toppings are whatever you choose and did you know that dark chocolate is one of the best sources of antioxidants?
Dark chocolate can improve health and lower the risk of heart disease, too. Sound good?
In the ingredients below I listed what I used, but feel free to use whatever dried fruits and combination of nuts you prefer. Dried pineapple, cranberries, blueberries, raisins, etc. I love to add some candied ginger, give it a try! That’s the beauty of these, just don’t add any wet fruit as this will not set as well and last as long than dried.
As for the amounts, please use you own discretion. I listed a rough estimate and what was leftover after topping all the chocolate tray cubes was quickly devoured while waiting for these to set.
I don’t know about you, but a lot of times my intentions when buying dried fruit sometimes doesn’t match my intake and I find bags of them, so I find this a great way to sneak in some healthy dark chocolate and use up that dried fruit. The various nuts are always good for the diet, too.
Just one of these is all you need to satisfy that sweet tooth craving or snack, but don’t let me stop you. Enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Fruit Bites - perfect when you're in an energy slump, feel like you need a boost during the day, before a hike, off to work or after school.
- 12 ounces good-quality dark chocolate melted
- 1/4 cup each walnuts and pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup total dried cranberries goji berries, cherries, apricots, diced
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp Candied ginger diced
- Toast nuts in 350°F oven for 5 minutes. Set aside. Chop the dried fruit and candied ginger into small chunks, set aside.
- Melt the chocolate to a microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave at half-power for 1 minute, then stir. Microwave again at 15 second intervals, stir until melted and no lumps.
- Spray small silicon ice cube trays with non stick baking spray.
- Divide melted chocolate in the ice cube trays. Top with dried fruit and nuts. Refrigerate 2 hours to set chocolate.
- Carefully pop out of trays and store in air tight container. Keep at room temp or in refrigerator for longer.