Recently I was approached to try two new flavors from Kraft Velveeta Shells & Cheese. See, Liquid Gold just went BOLD everybody! VELVEETA Shells & Cheese just spiced things up by introducing two new flavors, Jalapeño and Chipotle. I was super excited to try them out and to create something new and fun. Summer is here and I thought maybe something for a picnic or grilling party?
Kevin Is Cooking has been selected by Kraft Foods to be a spokesperson for VELVEETA©. While I have been compensated for my time, my opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support KevinIsCooking! #LiquidGold, @EatLiquidGold
VELVEETA Shells & Cheese just raised the bar on flavor with new Jalapeño and Chipotle flavors. Everyone is looking for new, exciting flavors as well as comfort in the brands they trust, which is why VELVEETA Shells & Cheese Bold is the perfect option for people looking to spice up their favorite cheesy shells.
I wanted to create something different with these. Something that would not only highlight their amazing new flavors, but to accentuate the cheese. So what better way to do that than by breaking out the waffle iron? Crazy you say… I beg to differ!
It’s so easy too, you can add any protein you’d like to VELVEETA Shells & Cheese Bold to create a perfect, easy, weeknight dish.
I chose to bump up these tasty, spicy cheesy pasta shells with crispy bacon and chopped cilantro.
I made the VELVEETA Shells & Cheese using the new flavor of Chipotle, added the bacon cilantro and spread it in a 9×9” plastic wrap lined pan. Allowed it to cool and patted it down to smooth out the top. In the refrigerator it went for 2 hours to firm up.
Look at all that cheesy goodness coating each and every pasta shell and bit of bacon. I wanted to do more than just taste test this after one scoop, but held fast.
Next I used a biscuit cutter and made 9 circles. A quick dusting of flour, dip in egg and then Panko breadcrumbs to work with the cheese to get super crispy on the outside edges.
Next I sprayed my waffle iron with cooking spray, added a VELVEETA Shells & Cheese circle, pressed the lid down and cooked until the buzzer went off.
What came out were exactly what I was looking for! Crispy, cheesy goodness mini-waffles.
Perfect as a side dish, or as a hand held appetizer for dipping, which is exactly what I did alongside a dish of Ranch salad dressing.
For any leftovers, I refrigerated and kept on hand for on-the-go handheld snacking.
I decided to serve this with some BBQ chicken and a big garden fresh salad. VELVEETA Shells & Cheese Bold is great paired with grilled BBQ chicken because you know, with summer in full swing, things are heating up! Next I am going to create something fun with the Jalapeño flavor.
Excited to try these? You need to check them out and up your summer and anytime dinners, too.
Crispy Mac and Cheese Waffles
- 1 11.6oz. VELVEETA Shells & Cheese Bold Chipotle
- 4 slices bacon crispy
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- Make VELVEETA Shells & Cheese BOLD per package instructions.
- In the same saucepan add the bacon and cilantro, stir to mix in thoroughly.
- Spread it in a 9x9” plastic wrap lined pan. Allowed to cool and pat down to smooth out the top. Refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up.
- Using plastic wrap, lift out of pan and place on the counter. Use a 3-inch biscuit cutter and made 9 circles. Dust on all sides with flour, dip in beaten eggs and then coat with Panko breadcrumbs.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray, add a VELVEETA Shells & Cheese circle and pressed the lid down and cook until buzzer times out.
- Remove from waffle iron and serve with Ranch salad dressing as a dipping sauce if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers as a handheld snack or to go along with another meal.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.