I make these Slow Cooker Flank Steak Street Tacos often and they are great as a party appetizer or dinner for the family. Beyond flavorful, it all starts with this shredded flank steak that can be used in tacos or enchiladas. I like to use El Sol Fire Roasted Salsa that has fire roasted corn, black beans and Hatch chiles.
You’ll have slow cooker magic in 6 hours and dinner is on the table in minutes after you get home. Let the slow cooker do the heavy lifting for you.
I’m excited that today’s post is sponsored by my friends over at El Sol Foods. El Sol Foods is a family owned and operated business that still uses family recipes that have been handed down from generation to generation.
To add that extra punch of authentic flavor to my Slow Cooker Flank Steak, I used their Fire Roasted Salsa that has fire roasted corn, black beans and Hatch chiles and serve some Fresh Homemade Salsa at the table. If you like heat, try the HOT Fresh Homestyle Salsa, it is a jump from the Medium and fantastic!
For the flank steak, I slice it lengthwise and then each strip in half. A sprinkling of chili powder and ground cumin, then some chopped onion, garlic cloves, fresh cilantro and into the slow cooker it all goes. I top it off with a 16 ounce batch of El Sol Fire Roasted Salsa poured over, close the lid and set it to cook 6 hours.
Shred the meat easily after it is cooked and cooled enough to handle. Serve with all the fixings of choice.
I like to add some shredded cheddar cheese on top of each little street size tortilla and pop it in the microwave to melt for 20 seconds. Top with shredded flank steak, more salsa, shredded cabbage, cilantro and maybe a drizzle of some Mexican Crema. A squeeze of lime and you’re set!
El Sol Salsas are great for tailgating, Football playoffs and Super Bowl parties. Whether as a dip with chips or on quesadillas and tacos, the flavor is spot on. El Sol Foods also has a new 100% Organic Certified Fresh Salsa in mild, medium and hot. There are 12 of El Sol’s fresh salsas to choose from so find your favorite!
My go to for them is in the refrigerated section of Costco, but El Sol Fresh Salsas can be found at the fresh meat / cheese deli counters and produce sections of most markets.
If tacos are your thing, check out my Mojo Carne Asada Tacos or these Grilled Fish Tacos with Roasted Cranberry Mango Salsa. Enjoy!
Thanks again to El Sol Foods for sponsoring today’s post. Thank you for supporting the companies that continue to make Kevin Is Cooking possible.
Slow Cooker Flank Steak Street Tacos
- 2 lb flank steak
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro separated
- 16 oz El Sol Fire Roasted Salsa
- 12 Mini Street Tacos Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup Mexican Crema
- 2 limes sliced
- 16 oz El Sol Fresh Homestyle Salsa
- Coat the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Slice the flank steak lengthwise and then each strip in half. Sprinkle the meat with chili powder and cumin. Place the flank steak in slow cooker with onion, garlic cloves and half the fresh cilantro. Pour the 16 ounce batch of El Sol Fire Roasted Salsa over the steak.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until done. Remove from slow cooker and shred the steak with a fork. Save the reduced cooking liquid and salsa mixture to serve alongside.
- Add some shredded cheddar cheese on top of each little street size tortilla and pop it in the microwave to melt for 20 seconds. Top with shredded flank steak, more salsa, shredded cabbage, cilantro and maybe a drizzle of some Mexican Crema.