Chocolate Cinnamon Rice Krispie Squares
These Chocolate Rice Krispie Squares are ridiculously delicious and addictive. 2 layers of Rice Krispie treats with melted chocolate inside and on top!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 24 servings
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Nielsen-Massey Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 10 oz JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 12 oz Ghirardelli Dark Melting Chocolate Wafers
Line a large rimmed baking sheet (17.5x12.5”) or two 13x9” pans with parchment paper.
In a large saucepan or stock pot (see Note 1) melt butter over low heat. Add the vanilla and cinnamon and stir with spatula. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
Quickly add the Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
Coat a spatula with butter or cooking spray and evenly press mixture into pan or pans (See Note 2). Allow to cool and get firm.
Once firm, lift out of pan by parchment paper and carefully slice in half vertically, you will have two 8.75x12.5” pieces (see image).
Melt chocolate wafers in microwave at two 30 seconds blasts, stirring in between to get smooth. Spread half of melted chocolate on half of the larger sheet and flip opposite layer on top of chocolate or one of the two smaller 8.75x12.5” pans of cooled rice krispies and top with other layer.
Slice into 24 squares (4 slices lengthwise and 6 across) Drizzle remaining melted chocolate (See Note 3) on top and serve.
1. I used my large stock pot for a little elbow room when stirring, it's sticky stuff.
2. Either coat the spatula or spritz a little cooking spray on surface of Rice Krispie treats and smooth out.
3. You may need to blast the melted chocolate again for 15 seconds to smooth if thickened.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.1g | Protein: 1.4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1.8g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 5.4mg | Sodium: 92.1mg | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar: 12.1g