Easy Baked Greek Chicken
This oven baked chicken breast is golden on the outside and juicy on the inside. Make this recipe tonight for a delicious, easy dinner.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 lbs chicken thighs or breast meat (boneless)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves crushed and chopped
- 1 lemon, medium (4 tbsp juice and zest from entire lemon)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a bowl whisk together the plain Greek yogurt along with the olive oil, garlic, zest and juice from a lemon, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, chopped, fresh oregano and parsley.
Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces and marinate for 30 minutes minimum to an 1 hour (See Note 2).
Use cooking spray or olive oil and coat the inside of a baking dish. For four pieces I use an 8x8" pan, but if more use a 13x9" baking dish. Shake off excess marinade and place the chicken pieces in a single layer. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until golden brown and chicken has 165°F internal temperature (See Note 1).
- If boneless chicken breasts are too thick or weight more than 6 ounces, slice in half horizontally and pound between sheets of plastic wrap for even thickness. For best results, use an instant read thermometer, the chicken is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Yes, you can use skin on chicken, too.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces and marinate for 30 minutes minimum to an 1 hour. I've marinaded overnight, too, but be aware any marinade with an acid like the lemon will slightly toughen the outer skin of the chicken.
Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 424mg | Potassium: 449mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 610IU | Vitamin C: 15.3mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 2.9mg