Grilled Shrimp Fajitas
A Tex Mex favorite and staple at many restaurants, Grilled Shrimp Fajitas are the perfect blend of well seasoned shrimp served with charred bell peppers and onions all wrapped in a warm tortilla.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time28 mins
- 2 lbs medium shrimp (See Note 1)
- 4 bell peppers color variety sliced into strips
- 1 large red onion sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 tortillas (preferably corn)
- 2 limes sliced
Mix together the marinade ingredients and add the shrimp. Toss to coat, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 15 minutes.
In a large sauté pan over high heat roast the bell peppers and onions in the oil until slightly limp and charred. Set aside.
Grill - Preheat grill to 300°F and clean grill. Spray grill with cooking spray and grill shrimp, 1 to 2 minutes per side depending on size. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm covered with aluminum foil.
Stovetop - In a large grilling skillet over medium high heat add shrimp and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side depending on size. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm covered with aluminum foil.
Add shrimp back to the skillet with vegetables and toss to mix and warm though.
Serve grilled shrimp and vegetables with warm tortillas. Top with pico de gallo and guacamole (optional) and sliced limes.
- Fresh is best but feel free to use frozen, thawed shrimp that has been cleaned.
- Mexican Limes are preferred, and also go by the name of Key Limes. They are small, round and very juicy (Luckily I have a tree).
Calories: 551kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 571mg | Sodium: 1246mg | Potassium: 725mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 4960IU | Vitamin C: 185.8mg | Calcium: 434mg | Iron: 8.3mg