These chocolate treats are utterly addictive!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time32 mins
Servings: 48 servings
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans or peanuts
Preheat the oven to 350˚.
In a large saucepan melt the chocolate pieces, marshmallows and water over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Next pour this into a Kitchen Aid mixer and add remaining ingredients except the oats and pecans. Turn on low and blend. If you don't have a mixer doing this by hand is a workout, but the payoff is an amazing cookie!
Next slowly add the oats and pecans and mix thoroughly.
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes.
Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 33mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.4mg