Berry Cheese Tart
This Berry Cheese Tart starts with a brown sugar and tangy goat cheese base, gets mixed with fresh strawberries, blueberries and secret flavor weapon basil and is poured into a graham cracker crust with a crunchy slivered almond topping. Recipe video included.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 1 1/2 cups Honey Graham Crackers crumbs
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup soft goat cheese (use two 4 oz packages)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp basil (finely chopped, fresh )
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2 cups strawberries (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Remove graham crackers from individual packs and place in a food processor to crumble fine. Need to have 1 1/2 cups crumbs total. Add to a small bowl and with a pastry blender mix in sugar and melted butter. Press into a 9 inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
Using an electric hand mixer in a medium sized bowl, beat together the goat cheese, heavy cream, egg, sugar, flour and kosher salt. Stir through the chopped basil. Gently fold in the strawberries and blueberries. Pour this on top of the baked graham cracker crust.
In another smaller bowl mix the melted butter, sugar and sliced almonds, making sure all is coated and crumble over the fruit filling.
Place springform baking pan on a baking try and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes. When done remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold. (See Note 1)
- If served warm, beware filling will be loose. It's easier to cut if chilled in the refrigerator for at least an 2 hours. Freeze it for later: Cover with plastic wrap and freeze it. Before serving, allow to come to room temperature and slice.
Calories: 678kcal | Carbohydrates: 67.6g | Protein: 14.4g | Fat: 41.9g | Saturated Fat: 12.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18.7g | Trans Fat: 0.5g | Cholesterol: 61.4mg | Sodium: 235.2mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 35.7g