This Turkish Spice Blend is a warm and earthy seasoning rich with cumin, pepper, paprika and Middle Eastern spices and sesame seeds. Perfect on roasted meats, as a dry rub and seasoning.
Simple and easy, just mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and store in an airtight container. This is perfect for my Turkish Grilled Chicken and Roasted Vegetables with Lemon and Basil or Turkish Roasted Chickpeas. Enjoy!
Turkish Spice Blend
- 4 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp black and pink peppercorns each
- 4 tsp oregano
- 10 Turkish bay leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cilantro
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 4 tsp sweet paprika
- 4 tsp sumac
- 3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a small sauté pan toast the cumin and peppercorns until the seeds start to pop, several minutes. Do not burn. Remove from pan and place in spice grinder with oregano, Turkish bay leaves and grind until powder.
- Add the chopped cilantro to the sauté pan and gently toast and dry over low heat slightly until dried. Do not burn.
- In a small bowl mix the ground spices with the kosher salt, paprika, sumac, cayenne pepper, sesame seeds and dried cilantro. Store in a airtight container.