Tajin seasoning is a popular Mexican spice blend with a tantalizing chili lime flavor. Use this recipe to make it at home for better flavor!
- 2 tbsp chili seasoning
- 1 tbsp guajillo chile powder
- 1 tbsp ancho chili powder
- 3 tbsp lime powder (See Note 1)
- 3 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional, to lessen heat)
If using whole dried chiles, remove stems and seeds from chiles and add to a spice grinder or blender. Grind to a powder.
Transfer to a small bowl and whisk in the lime powder, salt and sugar. Mix well. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 months.
Serve sprinkled over fresh cut fruit, popcorn, steamed corn on the cob, rim a glass for Bloody Marys.
- I use TRUE Lime, crystallized lime powder.
- Serving is based on 1/4 teaspoon. This recipe yields just under 3/4 cup total.
Serving: 0.25tsp | Calories: 2kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 5mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 72IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg