Apricot Glazed Pork Loin Roast
This pork loin roast recipe may be simple, but it still has plenty of flavor! Make this recipe tonight or save it to impress dinner guests.
- 4 lb pork loin roast (See Note 1)
- 8 large red potatoes quartered
- 1 large white onion sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup apricot jam (See Note 2)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1 lemon (juice from half - 2 tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix all glaze ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Pat pork loin roast dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
Add potatoes and onion to 13x9" baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and top with pork loin roast, fat side up.
Brush glaze on pork loin and roast uncovered at 350°F at 20 min/per pound. Baste several times while roasting. Pull from oven when internal temperature reaches 145°F and it will reach the desired 150°F while resting 10 minutes before slicing.
We will be cooking a pork loin roast - Not to be confused with the thinner pork tenderloin. 3-4 lb pork loin roast at 350°F at 20 min/per pound.
- Feel free to substitute with peach or orange marmalade, both work well.
- This glaze makes 1 3/4 cups total. Perfect for this pork loin roast or a chicken, but double glaze ingredients if basting a ham.
Calories: 602kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 521mg | Potassium: 1894mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 71IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 3mg