Honey Mustard Baked Salmon
This baked salmon recipe creates a quick and easy weeknight meal. Flaky oven baked fish with a coating of zippy horseradish and honey mustard glaze.
- 1.5 lbs fresh salmon filets skin on 1" thick (See Note 1)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp horseradish cream (See Note 2)
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
Preheat oven to 300°F.
In a small bowl whisk together the glaze ingredients and set aside.
Rinse the salmon fillet(s) and pat dry. Brush the olive oil over the salmon on both sides - keeping skin on. Season with salt and pepper.
In a skillet over medium-high heat place salmon, flesh side down, in and cook until well browned, about 1 minute. Carefully flip the salmon with tongs or spatula and cook on skin side for 1 minute.
Transfer skillet to oven and cook until center of thickest part of fillets registers 125°F on thermometer, 5 to 7 minutes depending on thickness.
Remove from oven and baste with glaze. Serve immediately.
- Typically 4 individual filets, depending on size. If using frozen, thaw and allow to come to room temperature before cooking.
- You can substitute 1/4 tsp powdered horseradish.
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 1111mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 104IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg